- B.C. Home
- BC Registry Services
- Corporate Registry
- B.C. Companies
- Extraprovincial Companies
- Cooperative Associations
- Partnerships and Proprietorships
- Search and Copywork
- Information Packages
- Corporate Records
- Fee Schedule
- Business Number
- Financial Institutions and Credit Unions
- B.C. School District Business Companies
- New West Partnership Trade Agreement
- Personal Property Registry
- Manufactured Home Registry
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
Manufactured Home Registry
Manufactured Home Online
MH online can only be accessed by BC OnLine account holders and qualified suppliers.
The following filings are available electronically through MH Online:
- Searches and transport permit applications are available to all BC OnLine users, manufacturers, qualified suppliers and Service BC Centres.
- Transfers of ownership via Bill of Sale are available to manufacturers and qualified suppliers.
- Manufacturers are able to register new homes.
- Qualified suppliers are able to register residential exemptions.
- Transfers of Ownership from Estates are now available to all qualified BC OnLine users. The "Transfer Due to A Sale" has been relabelled "Transfer To a Purchaser or a Beneficiary" to accommodate both types of transfers.new
Legal Name of Owner - The complete legal name must be used when entering owner names. For individuals, ensure you include middle names (if any). For incorporated entities, ensure you use the name as listed on the incorporation certificate. Partnership, proprietorship and doing business as names are not to be used. In the case of partnerships and proprietorships, the names of the individuals must be entered.
Incorporated Names - MH Online has a feature to ensure incorporated entity names are registered correctly when transferring a home. All you need is the incorporation number. From the Transfer of Ownership, New Owner Name screen select, A "BC corporation or an extraprovincial corporation registered in BC" or "A society or coop registered in BC." On the next screen you enter the incorporation number. The system accesses the Corporate Registry database and will bring back the correct name for you. By using this feature there is no chance of typing errors, you are assured of getting the complete legal name and, you ensure the corporation is still active on the corporate register.
Suffix Field - When transferring a home into a new owner's name do not put Mr., Mrs., Miss, or Ms. in the suffix field. The purpose of the suffix field is to add a third given name, Sr., Jr., or Reverend.
Location Information - When applying for a Transport Permit, ensure you have the most complete location information possible. The ideal civic address is Street Number, Street Name and City/Town. When entering a legal land description, the PID number is the best method to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Transfers Not Registered Online - Any transaction that is not available online is still filed at the Manufactured Home Registry, except for transfers to a surviving joint tenant.
BC OnLine hosts MH Online and provides a range fo important services. The client administration system is used to identify and authenticate users who are BC OnLine account holders, and the deposit account system is used for payment by their account holders. The BC OnLine help desk service provides support for users.
There are two main security components to MH Online:
- authentication identifies the account holder performing a transaction; and
- authorization determines whether the account holder is permitted to complete the transaction.
The BC OnLine account sign-on process is used to authenticate BC OnLine account holders.
Some capabilities have restricted access. For example, manufacturers are only be able to obtain transfer documents for homes currently registered in their name, and only for transactions where the home is moving away from their location. For more details on this topic, take a look at the qualified supplier information.
Registry clients can file documents and access services by any of the following methods:
Users of BC OnLine can file selected forms on the Internet using MH Online.
- Service Provider
Customers may hire a service provider, e.g. a qualified supplier, who will complete Manufactured Home Registry forms electronically on the customer's behalf for a fee. Also, selected transactions are available through Service BC Centres.
- Paper Forms
Paper forms are accepted for those services not yet available online. Customers may complete the forms and send them to the Manufactured Home Registry. Trained Registry staff will continue to examine and register these many varied and complex transactions.
The MH Online system provides help text support for clients who need assistance.
Help desk support for all electronic services is available through BC OnLine. Questions about non-electronic services may still be addressed to the Manufactured Home Registry.