- B.C. Home
- BC Registry Services
- Corporate Registry
- B.C. Companies
- Extraprovincial Companies
- Cooperative Associations
- Partnerships and Proprietorships
- Search and Copywork
- Information Packages
- Fee Schedule
- Business Number
- Financial Institutions and Credit Unions
- B.C. School District Business Companies
- New West Partnership Trade Agreement
- Personal Property Registry
- Manufactured Home Registry
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
Search & Copywork
- What can be requested through BC Registry Services?
- How can requests be submitted to BC Registry Services?
- How do I request a Certificate of Good Standing?
- What information is available when searching a corporation?
- What are the fees?
What can be requested through BC Registry Services?
Before you make a request, we recommend you first complete a search of the business or society to ensure all filings are up-to-date. You can request any of the following:
- A search for small claims court
- Search an active or historical registration
- Certificate of Status
- Certificate of Good Standing
- Certified work
- Copy work
- Letters under Seal
- No record letter
How can requests be submitted to BC Registry Services?
Note: Fees charged by other service providers may differ from the fees charged by BC Registry Services.
How do I request a Certificate of Good Standing?
You can request a Certificate of Good Standing by:
A certificate of good standing can only be issued when a company or society is up-to-date with the required filings.
Certificates of Good Standing are no longer issued to companies in Alberta or Saskatchewan. A Letter under Seal, certifying that an extraprovincial company is registered in B.C. can be issued.
When is a Certificate of Status issued?
A Certificate of Status can be issued for a company or society that is not in the process of dissolving. For more information, learn how to submit a request to BC Registry Services
What information is available when searching a corporation?
Corporate searches will return information about an incorporated company including the:
- Status (active or historical)
- Recognition date (when the company was incorporated or registered, amalgamated, continued out or into the Province)
- Last annual report filing date
- Previous company name(s), if applicable
- Registered office address
- Records office address
- Names of the directors
- Names of the officers (if provided)
For more information, please see an example of a search result.
What are the fees?
The fees to conduct a search or to supply copies vary depending on your request. Below is information on the fees charged by BC Registry Services; other service providers set their own fees and turnaround times.
Your cheque or money order should be made payable to the Minister of Finance. GST is not applicable.
To obtain a search of each corporation or file:
By government personnel$10.00
To obtain copies or an extract of any document or record:
Plus photocopy fee per page$0.50
Total (plus $0.50 for each additional page)$10.50 +
To obtain a certificate of good standing:
To obtain a certificate of status:
To obtain a letter under seal:
To obtain a certified copy of any document or record:
Photocopy fee per page$0.50
Total (plus photocopy fee)$35.00 +
Note: Refunds will not be processed for amounts under $10 unless specifically requested by the client